Victory Ministries International Men Of Valour
A Man of valour is;
Determined by what he does with his private life when nobody sees, what he does with power and money, is determined by whether he fears God. A man of valour understand what is expected of him in every sphere of his life. A man of valour can follow clear instructions, he can celebrate other people’s successes, he embraces the men and women that are around him, -Pastor Jerome Liberty
The 2nd and 3rd of October 2015, Port Elizabeth South Africa will see over 300 men coming together in worship and oneness in spirit as they tackle the issues that bind and entangle men. By the 3rd of October every men that will leave the beautiful scenery of the Mangold Pools will be Men Of Valour.
Leading these sessions will be our very own Pastor Jerome Liberty, Dr, Walter Henderson of Berean Family Worship Center Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA and Pastor Bryan Matthews of New Life Church Augusta Georgia, USA.
Follow up article by Selwyn Milborrow
Pastor Jerome Liberty hosted the annual Men’s Conference at the scenic Willows Resort in Port Elizabeth from 2-3 October 2015. The guest speakers at the “Men of valour” themed conference were Dr Walter Henderson and Pastor Bryan Matthews from the USA.
Dr Walter Henderson opened the two-day conference with a powerful message titled: “One look”. He posed the question: “Who are you when no-one is watching?” Dr Henderson said that it was important to (Prov 5:7) identify the source of your temptation. Temptation is creeping in to steal your life, and therefore every decision is that of death and life. It is better to choose life that you may live and your seed after you. (Rom 8:1-4) Whatever law you choose will set you free from the other law. There are only two laws on Earth: the law of sin and the law of death.
On the topic of lust Dr Henderson said that thoughts are important because they influence the choices we make. It’s not how much word you read or quote, but how much is in your heart. You become what you behold or look at. He alerted the men to the fact that “what you do in the dark will come to the light”. Lust promises you something that Satan knows he can never give you. Satan has to draw you away from God in order to tempt you. Lust knows how to drop words and pull you in; it set you up.
He urged the men to love their wives. When you do die (to self) God starts working things out for you. “Rejoice with the wife of your youth,” he said. Men must model their behaviour on how they look for a woman. It takes one rotten potato to ruin the whole bag. It is true for family and business. Remember that iron sharpens iron.
Pastor Bryan Matthews said that “marriage is a workshop where the husband works and the wife shops”. Don’t think you are better than someone else. Honour your mother and father. You have no one’s shoes to fill but yours. Fill your own shoes. Your own shoes are bigger than what you have.
Pastor Bryan Matthews continued on the topic of prayer. He said that everyone is called to pray. Declaration is when I speak to my problem about how big my God is. Prayer is when we talk to God about that what’s in front of us. Matthew 21:13. My house shall be called the house of prayer. Every benefit is a result of prayer. Matthew 6:5 When we pray. Lengthy prayer is not necessarily powerful
- Heartfelt and word-based prayer is even more powerful
- We must be the chief intercessor of the churches where we serve
- Mark 11:22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God.
- Do not speak about your problem more than you talk to your problem
- Submit to God
- When you pray believe and it shall be done
- Have forgiveness
- Mark 11:25 – 26 “And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.”
- Luke 11:1 Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.”
- The devil will do all he can to stop men from praying. It’s time for you and I to man up
Luke 11:2 So He said to them, “When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.
- God has already told us to ask
- Don’t let pride keep us from asking
- Why not God to the one who can help us the most
- We took what we knew and we took it to the Lord
- It’s okay to ASK everyday
John 16:23 – 24 “And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. 24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
Ephesians 2:13-16 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace, 16 and that He might reconcile them both to God in one body through the cross, thereby putting to death the enmity.
We do not go to God in any kind of way
My prayers have power
1 John 5:14 – Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.
Reevaluate your company
- e.g when there is chaos
- people don’t come for counsel when they get a million but when they lose
- Men need maintenance
- Every man needs a man that he fears as much as he fears God in his life. A man whom when his wife threatens to call, it will get him to get his act together
- If you cannot respect someone on earth, you may struggle to hear someone from the heavenlies
- If someone challenges the pastoral oversight over your life